At Ashwell Surgery we want to work with our patients to provide the best care and support we can, and our Practice Patient Group (PPG) helps with this.
Our PPG, known as Ashwell and Bassingbourn Patients’ Group (ABPG), is a group of patients, carers and staff who meet to discuss topics of mutual interest including service issues, new innovations and patient experience. The PPG supports good communication between the practice and patients and is a way for patients to become more involved in the work of the practice.
It has committee members representing the various villages covered by our practice. Our Senior Partner Dr Matthew Jarvis and Practice Manager Katie Prince are also members which means that questions, concerns, suggestions and compliments receive direct attention. The Chairman of the PPG is Peter Chapman.
The PPG can:
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery, or pass on feedback, suggestions, comments or queries received from other patients.
- Review patient complaints and patient feedback from patient surveys and the ‘friends and family test’. The PPG can use this information to propose service improvements and contribute to action plans to help improve services.
- Support health awareness and wider patient education.
- Help make the practice work more efficiently by identifying changes that may not have been considered.
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
Meetings are usually held every couple of months and minutes are published on the surgery website and in village journals. The PPG can also tell the surgery about pressing as and when they arise.
Contact the Practice Patient Group
If you have a point to raise please contact the Chairman, Peter Chapman.
You can also use the form below to contact the PPG. Please note: The PPG is not there to take up complaints on your behalf so do not use this form to make a complaint. Follow this link to find out how to make a complaint.