Using online services gives you another way of requesting services or getting advice and information at a time that suits you. Many patients find that that this is more convenient and saves time. Find out more about GP online services on the NHS website. This includes more information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services.
You can still contact the practice by phone or visit if you prefer.
There are three different online services.
You can use Accurx to seek help and advice and to request a service in the same way as you would if you telephone us or call into the practice. Things you can do using Accurx:
- Seek medical help for a new or ongoing symptom
- Request a sick note
- View test results
- Get a repeat prescription
If you are seeking help for a medical issue, you can send an Accurx form to explain your symptoms and request an appointment with a member of practice staff. We aim to respond to your query within the next 5 working days. If the nature of your problem requires more urgent assistance, or your symptoms change or worsen after submitting your e-consultation please phone the main surgery number, 01462 417377.
We will use the information you provide to decide on the right care for you, in the same way as you would if you contact us by phone or by visiting the surgery.
Using Accurx allows you to get help and advice quickly and safely without having to spend time on the phone.
Our Patient Online Service allows you to
- Book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- Order your repeat prescriptions
- Change your contact details
- Look at your summary health record, including information about medications, known allergies and vaccinations.
- View your test results (if the GP agrees)
Log in to your NHS account to access services online on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. You do not need to download anything. You can also log in to your NHS account using the NHS App.
You can use the NHS App or your NHS Account for the following:
- Order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- Book and manage appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- Get health information and advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- Register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- View your health record securely – including parts of your GP record such as information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
- Manage how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- View your NHS number